PayPal Button Security Script
DescriptionThe problem with PayPal purchase buttons comes into play when a person is selling an intangible good. The nature of selling intangible goods such as ebooks or software, is that file delivery needs to occur rather quickly after payment is received. This is a good practice as a merchant and is very good customer service because a customer that receives what they paid for instantly is less likely to panic and be suspicious of their purchase.
And the nature of this instant medium for purchase and fulfillment necessitates that sellers have an automatic system in place (the internet doesn't close or sleep). To protect your sales while away from your computer, you should have a script in place that does the same thing that you would do manually, except it should do it automatically. You need to verify the correct payment is made to the correct seller (you) and deliver your intangible good to the buyer upon validation of the payment. Our PayPal Buy It Now Button Security PHP Script takes care of everything for you. It's set up to allow a single intangible good to protected from PayPal Buy It Now Button tampering, bypassing, underpayment, and downloads without paying. No database is required and the PHP code is commented for your convenience.
* Obscures the payment details server side so that they are not revealed
* Checks that payment is correct amount before sending to buyer to PayPal
* Checks that the payment is correct after the buyer returns to your site to download
* Checks that payment is paid to you and no one else
* Does not release download link until all payments check are passed
* Easy to set up
* Very Very Secure
Downloadbuy_now_script.zip (68 KB)